Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Right Now...

I realize that I haven't been posting like I have said I was going to many days ago. But the night I was going to post I was awaken by my phone going off telling me that we were under a tornado warning and three of them heading toward my home. I gathered the kids and the document box and binder and left for Erica's. She's just out of the hospital and had heard we were having storms. The power went out while we were there and there were sicking pops that could be heard all around. After it was clear we went out and there were trees down everywhere. We have to push Courtney's (my little cousin) car out of the mud. And cut through trees to move them so I could go check on my home. I still had power when I got here. I just had a few limbs down but the little town of Coaling that I had to drive through was devastation. It was so sad because complete houses were gone.
I went back to Erica's about one o'clock. I had a good stock of diapers and Gerber food. Erica's house was already running by generators. We decorated and put out snacks for the kids knowing the weather was not over. And it wasn't. After taking a small nap myself with my little baby I woke up to the kids playing and James Spann's voice.


And the town I moved to when I first came here was destroyed after protecting my children. I couldn't stop staring at the screen.Hearing that its destroyed a street I was very familiar with just made me feel numb. I messaged everyone that wasn't with me and made sure they were okay and safe.


After seeing this I am very surprise to see that people are alive. People walked out of building that had become nothing. But destruction had taken over the town. Thursday I stayed with Erica cleaning up her yard and home. Friday I was helping through different locations.
Here are the videos that really got to me and I have been helping every since.











My prayers go out to the victims, the families of the victims, the injured, the missing, the people that lost their homes and jobs. I have donated many materials, bought four tshirts for myself and many for my family, wristsbands, and magnets. Much of my time has been spent going to different shelters, boxing things up and doing whatever I am asked to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment